Sacro Cuore catholic university, moved its Cremona headquarters from its current location in Palazzo Ghisalberti in via Milano to the new Campus Santa Monica in via Bissolati. The new headquarters is built within the complex of the former Goito Barracks and includes the ancient cloister structure of the former Santa Monica Convent and the mighty military structure of the Warehouse Carri. The new headquarters doubles its current student capacity reaching 1000 units.
The project involves the preparation of the new interior spaces used as classrooms, laboratories, lecture halls, secretariats and offices with an profound study of the types of furniture required and the related plant adaptation. Special attention was paid to the creation of classrooms with the possibility of remote transmission of lessons, management of lighting and dimming for video projections, distancing and acoustic quality of the spaces, in addition to general and emergency signage.
As regards the part of the laboratories, a reconfiguration project was carried out for the new spaces identified in the former convent,
according to the building systems and functional needs reported by the individual research and teaching centers.